Friday, September 28, 2012

Week Two Highlights

It's been a busy week! I spent Saturday afternoon at the National Museum of American History, which was really interesting. If you visit, be sure to check out a) the military history exhibit (I especially loved the WWII propaganda section), b) the First Ladies' dresses and china, and c) the transportation exhibit on the ground floor (there were trains, cars, and ships/PIRATES!). You can see some photos below - definitely look at Lucy Hale's china! I loved it but the ladies behind me were squawking about how hideous it was. Thoughts?

My first time taking the Metrorail!

International Trade Center (right by the Metro station)
First Lady Lucy Hale's china

I ended the day at Crumbs, which is a cupcake place pretty close to the DC center. Their cupcakes were expensive but delicious - I'm ashamed to say I've had three in the last week! I'll take a picture the next time I go there, which I'm sure is inevitable.
 
I spent Sunday at Georgetown Law and the National Book Festival (well, I stopped by at least)! If anyone is interested in law school, definitely check out Georgetown - they have an amazing campus that's right by Capitol Hill! I was disappointed that it's not actually in Georgetown, but there are definitely more connections near its current location in the heart of DC.
 
One of two law libraries
Gorgeous tree-lined courtyard
Olympic-sized indoor swimming pool!
 
Proof that I visited the National Book Festival!
The rest of this week I've either spent at my internship or in class. I haven't had a lot of free time yet except for the weekends, which is the downside of working every day (as opposed to a few of my friends that have two days off per week!). This weekend should be pretty restful, except that I'm visiting Charlottesville tomorrow! I'll definitely be taking pictures.
 
Overall I feel like I'm starting to adjust more. I'm still exhausted by the combination of working full-time and taking two classes, but I'm not lost during my internship anymore and I've been able to take on some interesting projects, ranging from arranging a meeting with an NGO to reporting on UN speeches and drafting Congressional responses. I also do some "typical" intern tasks, like running errands and shopping for an office party we had this evening. It's definitely not the fetching coffee and making copies type of internship though, which I'm grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment