Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'm Here!

After months of waiting, I'm finally in DC! I flew in this afternoon (I'm proud to report that none of my luggage got lost) and spent the evening unpacking and settling in. The bedrooms are huge, which I'm pretty excited about. However, the furniture is placed in awkward locations and covers up the outlets... so I've had to do some moving tonight. As a result, I'm sore and taking a break from the last of my unpacking. The bathroom is also pretty tiny, which is a downer, but at least the general size of the apartment makes up for it.

I journeyed to Target with my suitemate Lauren tonight (about a 20-minute Metro trip) - I had to get sheets and toiletries, and we wanted to grab dinner. I almost got lost just trying to find the Metro stop! It's hard to find your way around at first. Hopefully I don't get lost on the way to my internship tomorrow! I have directions printed out, so that should help.

Later this week I'll post pictures of the room and talk more about how the first week of my internship and classes goes! For now, here's me at the airport (4:30am PST... ouch).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment