Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day Two and Still Alive!

I've survived two days of my internship (or one and a half, since we had a UCDC orientation this afternoon)! Things have been pretty hectic so far, both in my internship and the UC Washington Program, and I'm just doing my best to adjust. So many meetings, so many strange phrases and acronyms, and so little sleep!

Life in DC takes some getting used to overall. Today I walked to Safeway and was caught in a freak rainstorm. I'd always been told they existed, but I had thought people were exaggerating when they said that it can be completely clear one second and then pouring the next. Now I know better... I was soaked within two seconds and it took me about four more to pull out my umbrella! I can only hope there aren't any snowstorms before I leave.

Another adjustment for me is cooking. I've had a meal plan the past two years, as well as this summer, so it's strange to start cooking all my own food. I was pretty successful for dinner tonight, despite my relative lack of cooking experience and the not-so-great pots and pans - check out this lovely photo of me making pasta!
I'll try to post some actual photos of DC as soon as the weather gets nicer (since I'm sure you don't need a photo of tomorrow's breakfast). I'm hoping to go site-seeing this weekend, which should be fun!

For everyone who's following this blog (friends, family, or even prospective UCDC participants), thanks for reading! If you have any questions you can post them in the comments section and I'll answer them in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment