Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day, everyone! I'm enjoying my long weekend by baking cookies, working on my research paper, and watching Season 1 of Gossip Girl. Don't judge me!

The week and a half after Hurricane Sandy brought us frigid weather - the highs were in the 40s and occasionally the low 50s. But this weekend, it's been 65 and beautiful. I'm hoping that it will stay nice and not snow for the last few weeks that I'm here!

My internship has been going great, although I just finished up a couple of big projects so I'm searching for something new to do. I can't believe that I only have three weeks left. My colleagues keep asking me if I'm sure I have to leave at the end of the month. I do, because I already booked my flight and didn't extend my housing (plus I'm working as soon as I get back to Davis), but I really wish that I'd chosen to stay an extra week. The airfare would have been terrible, but it would have been worth it in order to intern just a little longer.

My classes are going pretty well too, although now that the end of the quarter is close it's getting a bit stressful. I had a midterm for my Washington Ethics class a week and a half ago, which I think went well. I heard a rumor that the instructor rarely gives out As, which caused me to panic a little so I've really stepped up my game in the class (including volunteering to lead our reading discussion last class). I'm sure everything will turn out okay in the end, and at the very least I should hopefully be able to pull an A- even if I somehow did poorly on the midterm. For my research seminar, our rough draft is due in about 10 days so I'm really buckling down and working on my paper. Originally I had been hoping to interview people at my internship and use them as sources in my paper, but now I'm realizing just how unrealistic that is so I'm focusing more on what's already online (blogs, articles, newspapers, etc.).

I've gotten a bit more siteseeing in since my last post. My boyfriend visited last weekend, so we toured the monuments - finally! - and saw both the Natural History Museum and the Air & Space Museum. We saw the monuments at night so it was probably 39 degrees, but still beautiful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment