Monday, October 22, 2012

Hello, New York

I'm attempting to do homework, upload photos, and watch tonight's foreign policy presidential debate at the same time... Multi-tasking! Mainly I just wanted to quickly blog about my weekend in New York.



I took a bus from Chinatown early on Saturday morning and got in around 12pm to meet up with my friend Sarah who lives in Boston. We skipped luggage in favor of carrying one bag each, which we realized was probably a mistake by about 2:00 when the bags just got heavier. We had to go shopping just to get another bag to put our stuff in! Overall though, we had a lot of fun on Saturday - spent the afternoon in Times Square, stood in line for Broadway tickets, and visited a 4-story Forever 21. After dropping off our stuff at a friend's apartment (shout out to our amazing hosts, Caryn and Andrew!), we grabbed dinner and headed out to see Chicago. I've always been a huge fan of musicals - you can thank high school theatre for that - and I've wanted to see Chicago for a long time. It was absolutely incredible and I still can't believe we got to see it!

We visited Central Park on Sunday and headed down Fifth Ave before parting ways and taking our respective buses home. I'd planned on visiting NYU Law before going home to DC, but unfortunately I made the mistake of booking my return ticket on Sunday morning and all the later bus trips were sold out. On the plus side, I was home in time to finish up my research proposal and catch up on all the emails that had accumulated over the weekend.

I'm now back to my normal internship/class routine, and I have to say that New York makes me appreciate DC even more. DC is so clean and spacious in comparison! Nothing against NYC, but it's a bit crowded, to say the least. Sadly, this will be my last weekend trip for a while - I'm not doing anymore UCDC Center trips and I won't be going out on my own now that academics have gotten more hectic. Hopefully I'll still find time to see the city, though! It's been five weeks and I still haven't visited the monuments...

No comments:

Post a Comment